On 3rd December 2011 the Department of Defence marked the 200th Anniversary of Anglesea Barracks in Hobart. This is the oldest continually used army Barracks in Australia and contains a mix of Colonial Georgian, Regency, Federation and later buildings within a precinct that has been recognised both locally and nationally as of great historical importance to both Tasmanian and Australia.As part of this event a book, Barrack Hill, A History of Anglesea Barracks 1811–2011 has been produced.
This book published by the Department of Defence not only explores the development of the Barracks buildings through word and images but also reveals many of the previously untold stories of many of the occupiers of the Barracks over the past two hundred years.
The 260 page book is hard covered (with dust jacket) has over 180 images, end notes, several appendixes and is indexed.
Proceeds from the sale of the book will be used to support the work of Legacy and the Army Museum of Tasmania.
Copies of the Book can be purchased from the museum shop at Army Museum of Tasmania, Anglesea Barracks, Hobart.
Cost is $50 plus $12 postage anywhere within Australia.